We are a family business based in Armidale, NSW Australia. Orpheus Music began in 1994 running recorder workshops for local students that expanded over the years to become a specialist recorder hub catering for all the needs of the recorder-playing community. Underpinning everything is our commitment to community engagement and the value of the long lasting friendships that are created when playing together.
1. Orpheus Music Publications are our own publications of contemporary recorder music with a focus on Australian composers.
2. Annual Recorder Courses and Festivals with national and international tutors held in Armidale.
3. Recorders and accessories - we stock a wide range including Mollenhauer, Kung, Zenon, Yamaha, Aulos.
4. Recorder sheet music. We stock over 6000 items from solo through to recorder orchestra from a wide range of publishers.
5. Recorder community events and competitions (composition and performance).
6. Recorder Resources offering a wide range of articles and information about the recorder and recorder players.
7. Recordings - a range of CDs by renowned Australian recorder players, as well as a selection of other recorder CDs.
Zana Clarke - Founder and Artistic Director
Peter Biffin - Day-to-day running and recorder repair
Alexandra Bailliet-Joly - Promotions, Courses and Festivals, Recorder Resources and data entry
Ana Biffin - stock management and data entry
Kees Grenyer - dispatch
Benjamin Thorn - Printing and editing
(Picture left to right: Peter Biffin, Shah Biffin, Zana Clarke and Isla Biffin)
Photos on home page by Pam Rooney